Vicki Davis shares 10 reasons cell phones should be allowed in schools. Visit Making the Case for Cell Phones in Schools for a description and details around each of the reasons below. Here is a recap of the list.
Ten reasons to get off the cell phone ban wagon
- Cell Phones Can Save Us Money
- Cell Phones Can Help Students Be More Organized
- It Makes Kids More Safe
- It Allows Sensitive Issues to be Kept Private
- It Alleviates Strain on the Network.
- It Alleviates Strain in the IT Department
- It Speeds Up Information Retrieval
- It Allows Us to Teach Kids Digital Responsibility and Citizenship
- It Sets a Model for Effective Change and Innovation
- You're fighting a losing battle.
Davis also provides ideas for dealing with the use of cell phones in schools which she explains simply, that we deal with mobile phones “Just like we "deal" with scissors.” Read the complete post here for just how to do that.
For dozens more articles about using Cell phones in Education, visit this link. For ideas about how to break the ban where you teach and / or begin using cell phones for learning in your school or classroom, order Teaching Generation Text.
You have read this article Cell phone ban / Cell phones in Education with the title 10 Reasons Cell Phones Should Be Allowed In Schools. You can bookmark this page URL http://benncam.blogspot.com/2010/08/10-reasons-cell-phones-should-be.html. Thanks!